How To Perform Data Sorting In Excel 2010
MS Excel offers easier and simpler ways to sort data as per ones preference. MS Excel smartly rearranges the row based on the content of the particular through data sorting. If you wish to sort a table with names in alphabetical order or you wish to sort data by Amount from largest to smallest or smallest to largest, it can be done swiftly in MS Excel 2010.
In order to sort data, follow these steps.
- Select the column that you wish sort data.
- Now choose Data Tab, followed by Sort Below dialog box that will appear on the screen.
- If you wish to sort data on the selected column, Choose Continue. If you want to perform sorting based on other columns, choose the Expand Selection option.
- Here are different condition on which sorting can be done.
- Values – It helps in sorting data alphabetically or numerically.
- Cell Color – Based on the color of the cell.
- Font Color – Based on the color of the Font.
- Cell Icon – Based on the Cell Icon.
- Now simply click on OK and it will sort the data.
- Sorting option can even be accessed from the Home Tab. Choose the Home Tab, followed by Sort & Filter. It will offer you some of the quick sorting featuring like shown in the image.